Skype is a telecommunication app popular for video chat. Download Skype From FileHippo. Skype is available for Windows, iOS, Android, Mac and Linix on FileHippo. Download Skype for Windows Offline Installer for Free. FileHippo is providing official download link to Skype. You can download latest version of Skype from FileHippo for Free. Direct Download Link for Skype is updated automatically. So if you are looking an older version of Skype on File Hippo then don’t worry. We use official download link to latest version of Skype. Therefore you will get an official high speed download link.
Skype Features – FileHippo
Skype uses P2P protocol to connect user across different devices. It allows users to text, video and voice call over the internet. Skype can also be used to call landlines and mobiles but it is a paid service. Latest version of Skype supports audio, video chat, File sharing, Conference call e.t.c Even you can share your desktop for remote access.
Skype cannot be used for emergency calls.
How to Download Skype – File Hippo Method
Well it is obvious that File is download from Official website. People may go to official website of skype which is https://www.skype.com/ and looks for download link. Some people get confused in page to page redirection. Therefore they need 1 click url and an offline installer preferably. So here i mentioned step by step procedure to do so:
- Step 1: Go to your desired software and click on Download Latest Button
- Step 2: Congrats! There is noting like step 2 on FileHippo
Skype is a great thing by performance but it uses too much bandwidth. It may charge you for calling on landline or mobile numbers. But it is still the best option available. Most of the time it is free till you need paid features.
Liked this one? Feel free to share Skype with your friends.
Info! The Following Information is provided by third party website for educational purpose. We don't claim, own or maintain such information as it is released by author. Always visit official website of the software/author in case you have any issue.
Previous release notes
Skype for Windows desktop, Mac, Linux, Web and Skype for Windows 10 22.214.171.124/Microsoft Store version 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out April 30, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Improvements to message forwarding: You can now forward a quoted message.
Skype for Windows desktop, Mac, and Skype for Web 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out April 16, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Switch between Speaker view or Grid view during a video call: You now have the option to switch views to see only the active speaker, or up to 4 participants at once during a video call.
- Get notified when your friends are online: You'll now receive a pop-up notification when a contact goes from offline to Active. Learn how to manage your notifications.
- Keep your background blurred: We've added the option to Blur Background for all calls under the audio and video settings.
Skype for Windows desktop, Mac, Skype for Web, and Skype for Windows 10 184.108.40.206/Microsoft Store version 220.127.116.11, begins rolling out March 28, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Quickly view a participant's profile while you're in a call: Simply long press or right-click on the participant and select View profile.
- Review before you send: Now, when you drop files or media into a chat, you can preview them before sending.
- Effortlessly set the mood: Quickly choose a list of mood messages that match your sentiment and change out the emoticon to match.
- There's more than one way to keep the focus on you: The option to blur your background can now be accessed from the more menu during a video call.
- New global hotkeys in Skype for Windows 10 (version 14).
- New shortcut to resize camera preview: Ctrl+Shift+J is available in Skype for Windows desktop and Skype for Windows 10 (version 14). Learn more about keyboard shortcuts in Skype.
- Updated descriptions for signing out of Skype.
Skype for Windows desktop, Mac, Skype for Web, and Skype for Windows 10 18.104.22.168/Microsoft Store version 22.214.171.124, begins rolling out March 11, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Large group calls: You can now start a group call in groups of up to 50 members.
- The sound of silent meetings: Group calls with more than 25 participants will now be ringless. Rather than ringing everyone in a group, they'll receive a notification that the meeting has started and can jump in when they're ready.
- To ring or not to ring? For group video calls with less than 25 participants, you can choose whether you want your call to ring everyone in the group or be ringless.
- More ways to block unwanted spam calls: When you receive a call from an unwanted phone number, you'll have the option to block the number right from the chat.
- More room to breathe: Increase or decrease the width of your chat panel during a call to give your instant messages a little more space.
- On the move: The location of the chat panel during a call has moved to the right.
- Integrating Skype calls into your content just got easier: You can now enable Skype for content creators during a call.
- Stay in touch by being in sync: When you choose to sync your address book with your Skype contact list, your contacts can now be found across your devices so you can connect even more.
Skype for Windows desktop 126.96.36.199, Mac 188.8.131.52, Skype for Web 184.108.40.206, and Skype for Windows 10 220.127.116.11/Microsoft Store version 18.104.22.168, begins rolling out February 28, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Merge calls: Instead of having to put a call on hold when you someone calls you and you're on another call, you now have the option to merge your calls.
- Why didn't my call go through? When a call isn't successful, you'll now see more details about why it didn't connect.
- Maximize your size: During a video call you can resize your video preview to make it bigger or smaller.
- More control over live captions & subtitles: Choose to only show subtitles for others and not yourself.
- Added ways to get notified: You now have the option to receive email notifications for missed calls or messages. From your profile picture, select Settings, select Notifications, and then under E-Mail Notifications toggle on the options to receive Missed call reminders and Missed Message reminders.
- Try Skype without an account by signing in as a guest from any platform.
- Improvements to in-conversation search results.
- Make sure your friends know who's calling: How do I set up caller ID?
- Ever type a message and don't remember if you sent it? Unsent message drafts will now show as a draft in your recent chat list.
Skype for Windows desktop 22.214.171.124, Mac 126.96.36.199, and Skype for Windows 10 188.8.131.52/Microsoft Store version 184.108.40.206, begins rolling out February 13, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Maximize your view: Have a lot of chats and wish you could regain some space? When you enable Compact list view, you can also hide user and conversation icons to free up even more space. From your profile, select Settings, select Appearance, and then toggle Show user and conversation icons on or off.
- You can now choose your default file download location on Skype for Windows 10 (version 14).
- Express yourself like never before: Now, when you send a message on Skype you can personalize your chat with GIFs and send them right from the chat window.
- Skype will now notify you if you haven’t granted permissions to use the microphone during the call.
Skype for Windows desktop, Mac, and Skype for Windows 10 220.127.116.11/Microsoft Store version 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out January 28, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Stay in the know: When someone ads you to a group chat, you’ll now receive a notification.
- Improved access for managing your profile and updates to presence statuses.
- View more of your conversations right in your Chats list: Previously you could see just your most recent conversations, now you can scroll through more of them.
- New keyboard shortcut takes you right to your next or previous conversation.
- Updates to the location of chat options when you’re in a call. From your chat during a call, click the menu (plus +) button to access all the chat options.
Skype for Windows desktop, Mac, and Skype for Windows 10 22.214.171.124/Microsoft Store version 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out January 22, 2019, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Receive SMS messages: You can now receive SMS messags in Skype if you have a Skype Number with Caller ID set up. Learn more.
- New Contacts panel gives you more control, and includes more options for customizing your contacts.
- Quickly find your friends: In your Chats, under People You May Know you'll find suggested people to connect with.
- Add a phone number to an existing contact: From your friends profile, select Add a phone number.
- To blur or not to blur: Make yourself the priority in any video call with blur my background.
- Share only a specific window: When you start to share your screen during a video call you can now choose whether you want to share your whole screen or just one window. This feature is currently only available in Skype for Windows desktop and Mac.
- Easier access to video settings: Just hover over the camera during a video call to quickly access your most used settings.
- Send quick one-to-one messages during group calls: To send a quick message to just one person during a group call, right click on the person and select send message to open a chat with only them in the side panel.
- Skype for content creators is now available in Skype for Windows 10 (version 14).
Skype for Windows 10 188.8.131.52/Microsoft Store version 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out December 13, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Never go unheard again. If you mute someone, or someone mutes you during a call, you’ll now receive a notification that “another participant muted your microphone."
- You can now remove unessential contacts from group chats. They will receive a notification when they are removed, but you can always add them back at any time. Learn how.
- Set reminders to schedule Skype calls with your friends or family.
- We’ve made improvements to network connectivity, and connection messages, making it easier to know when you’re having connection issues.
- New screen reader accessibility shortcuts have been added.
Skype for Windows 10 220.127.116.11/Microsoft Store version 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out December 3, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Having a bad hair day? Choose if you want to answer a video call with your video camera.
- Poor connection getting you down? We’ve added the option to turn off incoming video when your connection is poor to help improve call performance.
- Never go unheard again. If you mute someone, or someone mutes you during a call, you’ll now receive a notification that “another participant muted your microphone." Learn more about what you can do during a call.
- You can now maximize your screen while sharing.
- Automatically download files: We've added the ability to automatically download files. From your profile, select Settings > Messaging > Automatically download incoming files.
- You can now use OneDrive for sharing: Use OneDrive to share files and photos with your friends and family. From Chats, select the add in button, select OneDrive, select the file you want to send, and then select Send.
- New notification sound setting: Stop your computer from playing a sound when you get a new Skype message. From your profile, select Settings > Notifications, and then toggle Notification sounds off or on. Learn more about managing notifications in Skype.
Windows desktop, Mac, and Linux 22.214.171.124, and Skype for Windows 10 126.96.36.199/Microsoft Store version 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out November 12, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Update to the volume control on Mac: The volume control on macOS is now separate from the system volume.
- Switch between cameras: Easily switch between multiple cameras during a video call, just right-click or long press on your avatar to select a different camera.
- Easily share Skype contact details with others: From a chat, select the share contact button, select a contact to share, and then select send.
- Split window view: Available in Skype for Windows 10 (version 14). Put your contact list in one window, and each conversation you open in a separate one. Select the more menu, and then select Enable split view mode. Learn more about split window view in Skype.
Windows desktop 184.108.40.206, Skype for Windows 10 220.127.116.11/Microsoft Store version 18.104.22.168, and Linux 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out October 24, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Send message with Enter key: Change what your Enter key does while in a chat, set it to send the message or insert a new line. Go to your profile picture > Settings > Messaging.
- Add a phone number as a contact: Easily add someone's phone number as a contact in Skype. Learn more.
- Mute and remove participants during a Skype group call: When you initiate a group call, you can mute or remove participants during the call. Learn more.
Windows desktop 126.96.36.199, Skype for Windows 10 188.8.131.52/Microsoft Store version 184.108.40.206, Mac 220.127.116.11, and Linux 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out October 10, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Accomplish more with Microsoft To-Do in Skype: Press and hold, or right-click on a message to create a task. Manage your To-Do's from your Add-ins.
Learn more about how to get stuff done with Microsoft To-Do.
- Video sharing: The length of videos that can be shared is now 1 minute.
- Drag and drop files with ease if you please: Select a chat, and then just drag and drop your file anywhere in the chat to automatically send it.
Linux 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out September 26, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- URL previews: Enable or disable displaying URL previews in Skype chat from your settings. Click your profile picture > Settings > Messaging > Display URL previews and toggle it on or off.
Windows desktop, Mac and Linux 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out September 12, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Conveniently access your audio settings during a call: Just hover over the microphone button to quickly adjust your audio settings.
- Fine-tune your webcam settings: Put your best face forward by adjusting your image brightness, contrast, hue, and more in your webcam settings.
- Fewer missed calls: No more sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. Use an additional audio device as a secondary ringer for Skype calls.
- Search a conversation for a keyword or phrase: Use the Find feature to stay on top of your conversations and instantly refer back to a chat from days, weeks, or months ago.
- Read receipts: See at a glance who's read your messages. Once someone reads your message, their avatar appears beneath it in your chat - so you can see how far they've read in the conversation.
Windows desktop, Mac and Linux 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out August 27, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Signed in as: Have multiple Skype or Microsoft accounts? We've made it easier to identify which one you're signed into. Tap your profile picture and both your Skype Name and the account you're signed in as will be displayed.
- Archive your conversations: Hide your conversations by archiving them. Learn more.
- Stop unwanted calls: Unwanted calls from people you don't know can be a distraction. Now, you can avoid those distractions and choose to only allow calls from your contacts to ring. Learn more.
- Cortana is now available in the United Kingdom: Learn more about how to use Cortana in a chat.
Windows desktop, Mac, and Linux 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out August 13, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Record your calls: Introducing cloud-based Skype call recording directly from the app. The perfect feature to pair with Skype for content creators when you want to livestream.
- Color filters for photos: Use color filters to inject some charm into new or existing photos and delight your friends!
- Spotify: Music lovers can now search for songs, albums and artists, preview, play, and share music on Spotify! Just select the Add to chat button to get started.
- Skype Number: You can now manage your Skype Number right from your settings in the app.
Windows Desktop Mac and Linux 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out August 9, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Introducing Private conversations: For those seeking extra encryption for your conversations, you can now keep the information you share confidential with end-to-end encrypted audio calls and messages using the industry standard Signal Protocol. Learn more about private conversations.
- Tabbed conversations: Maximize the way you experience Skype with the ability to quickly switch between multiple conversations with the same person.
Mac and Linux 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out July 23, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- New settings experience - Easier navigation to the settings you're looking for.
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out July 3, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- General updates and improvements.
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out June 20th, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
Select multiple messages at once: Managing your messages is now much faster with the ability to select multiple messages at once to copy, forward, or delete them. To select multiple messages, right click and click Select Messages. (The option to delete multiple messages at once is only available for messages you sent to a conversation).
Windows Desktop and Mac 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out June 6th, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
Easily access your contacts from the Dialpad.
Stream your audio or video call through NDI (Network Device Interface), simply allow NDI in your Skype settings.
Windows Desktop, Mac, and Linux 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out May 21st, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
Windows Desktop and Mac 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out May 9th, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
Windows Desktop and Mac 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out April 25, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
Windows Desktop and Mac 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out April 11, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- General updates and improvements.
Windows Desktop, Mac, and Linux 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out March 19, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- General updates and improvements.
Windows Desktop, Mac, and Linux 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out March 7, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Call international numbers with ease: International calls to mobiles and landlines is now quicker with the ability to select a country/region. From Calls, select the dial pad, and then choose the country/region you want to call from the drop-down.
Windows Desktop, Mac, and Linux 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out February 21, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- General updates and improvements.
Windows Desktop, Mac, and Linux 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out February 5, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Send SMS text messages! You've been asking and now it's here, you can send text messages to your friends from Skype.
- Search results defined: We've made it easier to see where your search results are coming from; your existing contacts, messages in one-to-one and group chats, and potentially new contacts.
- Stop scrolling and get right to it: Now you can instantly jump to your most recent message within a chat. Just select the down chevron button next to the message window.
- Accessibility performance improvements.
Windows Desktop 18.104.22.168, and Mac 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out January 10, 2018, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Notifications: We've added a new notification type. Toggle Tips & Tricks on to receive in-app notifications from Skype about features.
- PSTN issues: We've fixed the issue with PSTN contacts not being visible.
Windows Desktop, and Mac 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out December 5, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Quickly find more message reactions: We've added a right and left arrow button to messaging reactions, so you can easily find even more reactions to express your feelings.
- Mac audio issues: We've fixed the audio issues during a Skype call.
- Mac issues during a Skype call: We've fixed the Skype calling issues on Mac.
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out November 20, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Notifications: We've fixed the notifications issue. Thanks for your patience!
- Share and share alike: A new, easier way to invite anyone to join your group conversation. To give it a try, select Share link to join group right at the top of your group profile.
- Call Quality Indicator: We've added a Call Quality Indicator that displays if there's a problem with your call, so you can check your connection speed in Skype.
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out November 6, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Call volumes. Now you can easily change to loudspeaker or adjust the volume while on a call.
- Call controls shortcut. When Skype is running in the background during a call, you can turn the call controls shortcut window on or off. Go to Settings > Calling > Toggle Show call window when Skype is in the background on or off.
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 220.127.116.11440 begins rolling out September 22, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Fixed issues where your video wouldn't be seen. Certain hardware devices were having trouble previewing video for calls.
- Save phone numbers as contacts: Any phone numbers you've called can be added as a contact.
- Collapsible chat screen: Use the arrows > < to collapse or expand the Chats screen. Once collapsed, you'll see the updated message view with their online status and number of unread messages.
- Keep Skype running: Change your settings so that it keeps Skype running after closing the window.
- Use Keyboard shortcut to search: You can now open your Skype search by pressing CTRL + F.
- Manage how people find you in Skype: Choose which phone numbers others can find you by on Skype.
- Manage and remove bots easier: We've made it easier to manage your bots with the new Delete option.
- Send Skype logs: If needed, you can easily send Skype logs by going to Settings > Application Settings > Diagnostic Tools > Send Diagnostic Logs
Windows Desktop, Mac and Linux 18.104.22.168286 begins rolling out September 13, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Contacts number: Any phone numbers your contacts have listed will now show in your contact's profile.
- Close account: Easily access it from your profile but we hate to see you go!
- Address book sync for Mac: Sync your Mac address book with Skype.
Windows Desktop & Mac 8.5 begins rolling out August 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Collapse the Chat List: We’ve added a button to let you manually collapse the chat list.
- Shrinking Chat header: As you navigate a conversation the chat header will tuck away to give you more of your messages to view.
- Gallery loads more content: We addressed some issues where older shared content didn’t show up in the Gallery.
- Make a test call: From Settings > Audio & Video Settings > you can now easily make a test call to ensure you are set up correctly.