WinRAR provides utility for compression of ZIP and RAR. Download WinRAR for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 both 32-bit and 64-Bit Editions from Filehippo. WinRAR can decompress numerous archives for example ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA, RAR, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIP, ZIPX and 7z. It can dramatically decrease file size by using different compression methods available. WinRAR also supports compression of SFX (Self-extracting) archive.
WinRAR Features – WikiPedia
WinRAR Supported File Types
- Creation of packed RAR or ZIP archives.
- Unpacking of ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA, RAR, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIP, ZIPX, 7z, 001 (split) archives, as well as EXE files containing these archive formats.
- Checksum (integrity) verification for ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, BZIP2, RAR, XZ, ZIP and 7z archives
- Multithreaded CPU compression and decompression
When creating RAR archives:
- Support for maximum file size of 16 EiB, about 1.8 × 1019 bytes or 18 million TB
- Compression dictionary from 1 MiB to 1 GiB (it is limited to 256 MiB on 32-bit editions of Windows, although 32-bit Windows still can decompress archives with 1 GiB dictionary; default size is 32 MiB)
- Options, enabled by default, to optimize compression for executable for x86 processors and the obsolete 64-bit Itanium, and delta compression.
- Optional 256-bit BLAKE2 file hash can replace default 32-bit CRC32 file checksum
- Optional encryption using AES with a 256-bit key
- Optional data redundancy is provided in the form of Reed–Solomon recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives (including reconstruction of entirely missed volumes)
- Optional “quick open record” to open RAR files faster
- Ability to create multi-volume (split) archives
- Ability to create self-extracting files (multi-volume self-extracting archives are supported; the self-extractor can execute commands, such as running a specified program before or after self-extraction)
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options, such as NTFS hard and symbolic links
- Support for maximum path length up to 2048 characters (stored in the UTF-8 format)
- Optional archive comment (stored in the UTF-8 format)
- Optional file time stamp preservation: creation, last access, high precision modification times
- Optional file deduplication
The above information as it was provided to you by Wikipedia.
WinRAR at Glance – Win-RaR.com
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
The Information as it was provided to you by WinRar Official Website
WinRAR 32-Bit Change Log
Would You Like to help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.
Liked this one? Feel free to share WinRAR 32-Bit with your friends.